top of page
  • _

Which Form Should I File? 1040EZ , 1040A or 1040.

You can generally use the 1040EZ if:

Your taxable income is below $100,000;

Your filing status is single or married filing jointly;

You are not claiming any dependents; and

Your interest income is $1,500 or less.

The 1040A may be best for you if:

Your taxable income is below $100,000;

You have capital gain distributions;

You claim certain tax credits; and

You claim adjustments to income for IRA contributions and student loan interest.

However, reasons you must use the 1040 include:

Your taxable income is $100,000 or more;

You claim itemized deductions;

You are reporting self-employment income; or

You are reporting income from sale of a property.


Posted By Julie Standish EA MBA to ALL STAR TAX SOLUTIONS at 2/02/2014 08:48:00 PM

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

IRA Filing Tips

Top Tips on Making IRA Contributions If you made IRA contributions or you’re thinking of making them, you may have questions about IRAs and your taxes. Here are some important tips from the IRS about

Tax Filing Mistakes and Helpful Tax Information

April 15 is upon us! If you’re not an early bird who files your taxes super early you might be dragging your feet getting your taxes prepared.  If you haven’t sprinted to file yet in fear of what you


bottom of page